We are all busy running our businesses. It’s easy to ignore the dust bunnies, smudges, and overflowing trash cans in favor of completing a deadline. Keep in mind, however, that it is a good business practice to maintain a clean office. Here are two measurable benefits of keeping a clean workplace:
1. An office is more productive when it is clean. Employee morale is higher, and they have more pride in their workplace. They can also focus better and accomplish tasks more efficiently when their area is clean. Office cleanliness is a signal of work expectations, with dirty offices breeding chaotic work practices.
2. Your customers judge you on what they see. When your customers see a clean, tidy work environment, they have more confidence in your work standards, organizational skills, and even your brand.
You have to start somewhere when instituting a cleaning regimen. The four most important areas to focus on are:
1. Restrooms: While the restroom accounts in size for only about 5% of most buildings, it is the source of 95% of all building cleanliness complaints. Keep your restrooms clean for your customers, employees, and yourself.
2. Lobby/Reception Area: First impressions are powerful. Keep your windows clean, plants & counters dusted, and polish and vacuum frequently in this area. While this can be especially challenging in the hot, dusty months of summer, keep in mind that the foyer is the first area most of your customers will see. To ensure cleanliness in this area, make sure your cleaning company expresses an understanding of how critical it is to keep your entrance looking great at all times. Ask them questions about their process and standards for your commercial cleaning service to make sure they have a plan for keeping your entrance crisp and providing a great first impression at all times.
3. Office & Desk Area: At minimum waste baskets should be emptied and the vacuum run on a daily basis. Encourage your employees to stay organized and keep clutter minimized.
4. Lunch/Dining Area: Often used, yet seldom cleaned, the employee eating area can quickly become a hotbed of germs and filth. This is a critical area to have a cleaning policy in place, for both your staff and your customers. Keeping it clean encourages the staff to respect the area, and it improves morale. (Heaven forbid a customer loses his way and ends up in a questionable lunch room.)
If you are struggling to keep up with your cleaning solutions and are ready for a chemical free, professional cleaning team, contact us at www.ecocarepro.com. With us its SERVICE.DONE.RIGHT