One of the most effective ways to reduce your energy expenses in a commercial office building is to focus on energy conservation and efficiency. The US Department of Energy has released a check list for commercial buildings, company offices and general workspaces to help facilitate the process of making your workplace as energy-efficient as possible.
Our commitment to developing clean energy and green energy starts in the home, and especially in the office. The following checklist provided by the US Department of energy and EcoCare will help you in the development of a better energy conservation and green energy efficiency strategy for your office.
Here are some highlights from the office energy checklist:
- Replace incandescent lights with compact fluorescent lights or light emitting diodes (LEDs) for all lamps and overhead lighting.
- Turn off lights when you leave a room.
- Take use of natural lighting and Windows.
- When possible try using energy Star rated products.
- Try unplugging unused equipment that drains energy when not being used.
- Have an EcoCare professional perform an energy audit. Some utility companies in your area made provide you with discounts on your bill for having an energy audit.
- Insulate water heaters water tanks and water pipes to reduce overall heat loss.
- Check with an EcoCare professional about installing low flow toilets, urinals, faucets and showerheads.
Here is a link to the official US Department of Energy office energy checklist:
If you have any additional questions about energy conservation or energy efficiency in your office workplace, please contact EcoCareat (888) 1255.