Removing odors from your facility or home can be a tough job.It’s important to act quickly, not only to eliminate the odor but also to eliminate any bacteria and dirt that may be present as well. Depending on what kind of mess created the odor you might need some professionals to come in and take care of it for you.
Remove the source of the odor from the affected area and dispose of it properly.
Wash the affected area with an anti-bacterial disinfectant according to the directions on its label.
Organic Odors: Vomit, Urine and Others
- Remove the source of the odor from the affected area either by clearing it away (in the case of solid matter) or blotting with paper towels.
- Blot the remaining stain with paper towels, applying steady yet gentle pressure.
- Moisten a sponge with some bacteria/enzyme digester and blot stain according to directions on its label.
- Cover the stain with a plastic bag to help the digester retain moisture.
- Allow the area to air-dry.
Cooking Odors and Smoke
- Remove the source of the odor from the affected area and dispose of it properly.
- Air out the affected area by opening windows or directing fans in its direction.
- Apply an odor-neutralizing spray to the area.